John William Whincup
John's military record and Jane's photos
- Born: About 1899
- Where: Seething (or Brooke), Norfolk
- Enlisted: n/k
- Rank: Private
- Service No.: 132941
- Regiment: Machine Gun Corps (Infantry)
- Battalion/Service : 4th Battalion
- Date of Death: 22 Apr 1918
- Cemetery: St. Venant-Robecq Road British Cemetery, Robecq (CWGC link)
- Grave Ref.: III. C. 17.
- CWGC - including some cemetery document
War Records - subscription site
- FindMyPast - subscription site
- Full name John William Whincup
- Son of John Whincup and Susan (nee Howard) Whincup, of Red House, Forncett St. Mary, Norwich, Norfolk.
- 25 Aug 1901: baptism in Brooke, Norfolk
- 1899: birth (1899 Q2 Loddon Norfolk Vol 4B Page 233)
- 1901 Census: Brooke, Norfolk ,age 2 (RG13 Piece 1858 Folio 111 Page 7)
- 1911 Census: Wood Farm, Hedenham, Norfolk, age 12 (RG14 PN11422 RD229 SD2 ED15 SN37)
- 1915: father on 1915 Electoral Roll for Tharston
Private 132941, 4th Battalion, Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Killed in action 22 April 1918. Aged 19. Born Seething, Norfolk, enlisted Norwich, resident Long Stratton. Son of John Whincup and Susan Whincup, of Red House, Forncett St. Mary, Norwich, Norfolk. In the 1911 census he was aged 11, son of John and Susan Whincup, at school, born Brooke, Norfolk, resident Wood Farm, Hedenham, Norfolk. Buried in ST. VENANT-ROBECQ ROAD BRITISH CEMETERY, ROBECQ, Pas de Calais, France. Plot III. Row C. Grave 17.