Welcome to our website
Through our website we hope to bring to everyone the information gathered together about the village of Tharston in Norfolk. It has a very varied past and it is our intention to show the village through it's history of the area, the buildings and of the residents and the trades they were involved in.
Please note that we are a relatively new group and would welcome constructive comments of critism or acclaim, offers of help and information on sources of interest. We would especially like to hear from anyone from abroad who has a connection with Tharston. Please make contact using the Contact form.
|If you have already registered and been accepted as a member please sign in (below on right) to inform us of your visit. The members' area, which this registration gave access to has been removed as it was not being looked at or used. If we find it necessary to replace it at any time we will do so. If you have any thoughts on this please let us know.|
Please will you inform us of your attendance at either of the two special events, details on the Events and Meetings page, as we need to know numbers.
What's new in the last month or so ...
(Most recent first)
- 16th August 2014 - Burials - Transcript of the parish records for burials from 1934 to 1960
- 14th August 2014 - Trade Directories - some updates to the Trade Directory page and 1933 added
- 13th August 2014 - Memorials - floor stones in St Mary's Church
- 21st July 2014 - Marriages - a complete list of marriages covering 1754 - 1923
- 13th July 2014 - Marriage Banns - Further list of Tharston marriage banns, 1894 - 1946
- 13th July 2014 - Baptisms - Further amendments to the transcription of Tharston baptisms, now almost complete from 1731 onwards
- 31st May 2014 - As It Is Now - Tharston in pictures in 2014, accessed by clicking on locations on a parish map. Currently there are over 40 photographs and the number is growing
- 14th May 2014 - Electoral Rolls - Transcribed electoral rolls now available. Some interesting entries showing who owned properties in the village
Hover over an image on the 35mm strip to see which section
it applies to and then click if you wish to go there.