Welcome to our website
Through our website we hope to bring to everyone the information gathered together about the village of Tharston in Norfolk. It has a very varied past and it is our intention to show the village through it's history of the area, the buildings and of the residents and the trades they were involved in.
Please note that we are a relatively new group and would welcome constructive comments of critism or acclaim, offers of help and information on sources of interest. We would especially like to hear from anyone from abroad who has a connection with Tharston. Please make contact using the Contact form.
|If you have already registered and been accepted as a member please sign in (below on right) to inform us of your visit. The members' area, which this registration gave access to has been removed as it was not being looked at or used. If we find it necessary to replace it we will do so. If you have any thoughts on this please let us know.|
What's new in the last month or so ...
(Most recent first)
- 7th March 2015 - Tharston Wordsearches - 2 wordsearch puzzles, 1881 census surnames and place names
- 2nd February 2015 - The Abbs family - A New Zealand descendant of the Abbs Tharston farming family
- 26th January 2015 - Additions to existing data - Many small updates to parish registers, newspaper articles and other sections
- 16th December 2014 - New Quiz - Quiz 3 based on the Tharston Parish Registers.
- 13th December 2014 - Early Baptisms - the start of the transcript of 17C baptisms - further updated since.
- 2nd November 2014 - The Tharston Abduction - the story of the alleged abduction of Harriet Ann Biggs.
- 25th October 2014 - London Gazette - Entries that relate top Tharston and its inhabitants.
- 23rd October 2014 - Newspaper reports - Local and national newspaper articles relating to Tharston.
Hover over an image on the 35mm strip to see which section
it applies to and then click if you wish to go there.