Welcome to our website
Through our website we hope to bring to everyone the information gathered together about the village of Tharston in Norfolk. It has a very varied past and it is our intention to show the village through it's history of the area, the buildings and of the residents and the trades they were involved in.
Please note that we are a relatively new group and would welcome constructive comments of critism or acclaim, offers of help and information on sources of interest. We would especially like to hear from anyone from abroad who has a connection with Tharston. Please make contact using the Contact form.
|If you have already registered and been accepted as a member please sign in (below on right) to inform us of your visit. The members' area, which this registration gave access to has been removed as it was not being looked at or used. If we find it necessary to replace it we will do so. If you have any thoughts on this please let us know.|
** A.G.M. **
Please note that the Annual General Meeting will take place on Wednesday, 28th January, 2015. Anyone living in Tharston is welcome to attend and we hope that as many as possible will do so. Details.
What's new in the last month or so ...
(Most recent first)
- 16th December 2014 - New Quiz - Quiz 3 based on the Tharston Parish Registers.
- 13th December 2014 - Early Baptisms - the start of the transcript of 17C baptisms - further updated since.
- 2nd November 2014 - The Tharston Abduction - the story of the alleged abduction of Harriet Ann Biggs.
- 25th October 2014 - London Gazette - Entries that relate top Tharston and its inhabitants.
- 23rd October 2014 - Newspaper reports - Local and national newspaper articles relating to Tharston.
- 17th October 2014 - Roll of Honour - updated information on the new Roll of Honour and those named.
- 10th October 2014 - Single Person Reports - details about Tharston residents, fact sheets about their life events.
- 28th September 2014 - Field Archaeology - the first of our finds during our first "field archaeology" day.
Hover over an image on the 35mm strip to see which section
it applies to and then click if you wish to go there.